Claxton Recipes using Genuine World Famous Claxton Fruit Cake
- 1 1/2 pounds crumbled Claxton Fruit Cake
- 1 Box Deluxe Spice Cake Mix
- 2 Eggs
- 1/2 Cup Wesson Oil
- 1 Cup of Apple Sauce
- 1 Cup of Chopped Pecans
- 1 1/2 Cups of Coconut Flakes
Instructions: Thoroughly mix ingredients together. Drop spoonfuls of mix onto a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 12 minutes. Do Not Over Bake. Makes 4 to 5 dozen cookies.
- 1 Pound Claxton Fruit Cake
- 1 Pound Chocolate Microwaveable Candy Coating (Chocolate or Vanilla Candy Coating Acceptable)
: Freeze fruit cake. Cut into 1/4-inch slices; then cut each slice into 3 strips. Melt chocolate according to microwave directions. Carefully dip frozen fruit cake strips in chocolate. Cool on wax paper. Makes 4 to 5 dozen strips. An unusual treat and a real party hit!
- 1 Pound Claxton Fruit Cake at room temperature
- 1/2 to 3/4 Cup coconut flakes
- 1 Teaspoon of almond flavoring
: Cut fruit cake into 1/4 inch slices. Shape each slice into a ball. Roll in coconut flakes and almond flavoring and refrigerate until served. Before serving, dust with brown sugar. Makes 2 to 3 dozen fruit cake balls. Great for parties and snacks!
- 1 Pound crumbled Claxton Fruit Cake
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Pound of Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Cups of self rising flour
- 1 Tablespoon of vanilla flavoring
- 2 1/2 Cups of Chopped Pecans
: In a sauce pan, add eggs and brown sugar. Stir on low heat until sugar is completely melted. Remove from heat and add flour, vanilla flavoring, nuts and crumbled fruit cake. Spoon mixture onto a greased 9 inch by 13 inch baking pan and cook for 45 minutes in a preheated oven at 275 degrees. After cooling, cut into squares. These tasty "chewy" treats will quickly become a favorite with family and friends.
- 1 Cup of Crisco
- 3/4 Cup of Brown Sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 2 Teaspoons of vanilla
- 2 1/4 Cups of self rising flour
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon soda
- 1 Pound of crumbled Claxton Fruit Cake
- (Optional) 1 Cup of Chopped Pecans or any favorite nut
: Combine first five ingredients, mixed by hand. Combine dry ingredients. Add and mix well. Stir in crumbled Claxton Fruit Cake
and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto greased cookie sheet. Bake in preheated oven at 350 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes. Makes approximately 4 dozen cookies. The entire family will love these tasty cookies.
Fruit cake recipes courtesy of Claxton Bakery, Inc. Claxton, GA.
Known the world over for old-fashioned goodness and traditional holiday appeal, Claxton Fruit Cake is the "Quality Choice of Millions Since 1910."